Below is the official ranking structure of the Association, along with official Teaching Titles members may apply for.
- Mudansha (all ranks below Black Belt are to be handled at the dojo level.)
- Shodan, 1st-degree (Black Belt): No time requirement, at the discretion of instructor
- Nidan, 2nd-degree: 2 year since Shodan exam (must be at least 16 years of age)
- Sandan, 3rd-degree: 3 years since Nidan exam (Jokyo license required)
- Yondan, 4th-degree: 4 years since Sandan exam
- Godan, 5th-degree: 5 years since Yondan exam (Renshi license required)
- Rokudan, 6th-degree: 6 years since Godan exam
- Nanadan, 7th-degree: 7 years since Rokudan exam (Kyoshi license required)
- Hachidan, 8th-degree: 8 years since Nanadan exam (Hanshi license required. Must be at least 50 years of age)
The waiting period for retesting will be a minimum of six months since an unsuccessful grading by a candidate. Successful candidates will be issued with a fully endorsed ShinBudoKai Grading Certificate.
- Jokyo, Assistant Instructor: Minimum rank of Nidan, 500 word essay required
- Sensei, Instructor :Minimum rank of Sandan, 750 word essay required
- Renshi, Instructor: Minimum rank of Yondan, 1000 word essay required
- Kyoshi, Senior Instructor: Minimum rank of Rokudan, 2000 word essay required
- Hanshi, Master Instructor: Minimum rank of Hachidan, 3000 word essay required